Wow. Got it (I think).

What would be nice much easier all round would if there was a tickbox on an
item saying "inherit Importance from Parent" and another saying "inhert
Urgency from Parent". And that way life would be very much easier all round
(!) Given that there is exactly such a thing for "Inherit parent dates"
this would seem to be a very reasonable request, which if Importance and
Urgency are to be used "in anger" (by which I mean "seriously" - sorry in
joke) then a lot of people might find this useful.

In fact, given the choice, personally I would much prefer MLO develop these
features rather than rather than fix your "bug".

I'm not sure what the UI would look like... If short of space this could
possibly be done using a tiny tick box with mouse over text that explains
what it does. Something like this ?

<https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-lGoqorMBGaY/VIHI9WjJnxI/AAAAAAAAAMk/u3Fl8Qp0ecQ/s1600/delme_MLO3.gif>

That way if you wanted to over-ride the parent giving priority you could
simply un-tick the tick-box(es) as required.

Anyone with me on this?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/aacde294-5ad9-43e5-8d3c-aae2b9414333%40googlegroups.com.