Just to re-iterate that I have now spent many months spent trying to
implement the GTD method on MLO Windows and very reluctantly I have been
forced to the conclusion that for users like myself who have a fairly large
number of tasks (400-500) on my system, that messy workaround *simply don't
work*.

i.e. We need an actual field in MLO's database for actionable status
(Active, Sometime, Waiting etc) - and ideally another field for "Area of
Focus" (AKA "Area of Life"). Either that or we need extra fields that we
can customise to behave as such. As a bonus we also probably need to be
able to control the defaults for any such fields.

Yes, I can see that it would be a fair amount of work for MLO to implement
this, and yes it would be adding yet more complexity to an already complex
interface.

MLO Windows is a mature, extremely powerful tool that is wonderful in many,
many ways. And the MLO mobile apps continue to go from strength to
strength. However after months and months of experimentation, including
seeking of much advice on this forum, I have reluctantly come to the
conclusion that without these fields MLO is effectively crippled for use by
the power user and for large numbers of tasks using the *GTD method* it is
simply *unusable*.

It's a serious, serious shame.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/e930dd49-036a-4f57-a85b-bd9739149d66%40googlegroups.com.