Hi, David. I agree with Stéph that user selected behaviours in date fields would be useful, and that they are not supported in MLO. But I might be able to help with your underlying issue of new tasks vanish while you are creating them.

This is not my original idea, I learned it from someone else on this forum. I would look up the original author in order to give credit but I don't have the time right now.

In your advanced filter specification ass something along the lines of "OR CreatedDateTime OnOrAfter Now-0.0007"

Note that 0.0007 of a day is about one minute. Feel free to substitute other values like 0.014 for 20 minutes and so on. What this says is that your view should include all the tasks that you are currently seeing plus any task created in the last one minute. That gives you a minute to finish editing before the task drops off of the view.

-Dwight

On 12/1/2016 6:22 PM, Stéph wrote:
Unfortunately not. This is something I've posted as a request before -
I'd like to be able to specify start dates to be the date I created the
new item, due date to inherit from the parent and context to be blank.
User selected behaviours for these fields (in the same way that Bonsai
used to do) would be very useful. Perhaps this is being considered for a
future release.

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 14:07:28 UTC, [email protected] wrote:

    I use many filters..most involve the advanced filter using
    selectable dates; I like to edit and add when in filtered mode so
    that my list is not huge and I want to add a task while in this
    filtered mode but before Im done the filter has hidden it; I then
    have to either remove filter, find the task as assign an appropriate
    date OR find it in "recently modified"; Is there some way to have
    new task receive a default date (w/out having it inherit the parent date

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "MyLifeOrganized" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
an email to [email protected]
<mailto:[email protected]>.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
<mailto:[email protected]>.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized.
To view this discussion on the web visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/2620c0df-5df8-4ef2-a4a0-9f6e0a092159%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/2620c0df-5df8-4ef2-a4a0-9f6e0a092159%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"MyLifeOrganized" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/5438c4c7-9497-3104-6374-56eed2a92db4%40dwightarthur.us.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to