Hello Domas,

If you create the items in your list as folders, then they don't get the
checkbox. You can then change the Tools-Options-Automatic Formatting rules
to change the folder icon (in icon position 0) to anything you want, or
nothing at all.

Regards,
Stéphane

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/c5f8d1cf-b1ff-4e32-b911-35718ece7be7%40googlegroups.com.