Hello, will still take any input, but due to the approval process for new 
posters, this is now several days old. I have got a lot of my tasks in 
place and still a long way to go. For the most part, the tasks that repeat 
and never finished, I've grouped under folders. Haven't had a true 
'project' yet, so haven't worked with those. Would still love thoughts on 
tasks with sub-tasks vs a project with tasks. 

On Monday, June 11, 2018 at 2:25:44 AM UTC-4, Darryl Brooks wrote:
>
> I read a thread on this that was several years old with some good info in 
> it. Since I am just starting out, I wanted to get this discussion going 
> again to see how others are utilizing these different components.
>
> In most, if not all, of the other task managers I have used, you had only 
> one of these; usually project or parent task. So you used what you had for 
> everything. I am hoping, if I use MLO, to start with a structure I can grow 
> with. I know I can change things as I go along, but I also know that I have 
> a tendency to build on the foundation I put in place.
>
> In addition to how you use these differently, I would like some 
> perspective on the best way to start entering tasks toward this 
> differentiation. Dump everything in the inbox and sort it out as I go or 
> build a structure of folders/projects/ task-subtasks from the start.
>
> I tend to have more recurring tasks than anything else, but they can all 
> be grouped in different ways. One thing I have always put in a project in 
> other systems is called Housework, which contains a long list of recurring 
> tasks with different periods. But since this 'project' is (unfortunately) 
> never complete, should it be a folder or parent task.
>
> All input appreciated.
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"MyLifeOrganized" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/4210284d-626b-480d-abd3-4138fe652b88%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to