Hi Darryl,

I am sure our users have many tips to share with you, I just wanted to tell
some theory. A parent task in MLO can be converted into a folder or project
if needed or left as it is. The main difference is that a folder is not
really a task because it is not supposed to be ever completed. It is just a
container for other tasks. Unlike projects or regular parent tasks with
subtasks, folders never appear in To-Do list even if all its subtasks have
been completed. For example, a parent task "Work" or "Personal" definitely
can be turned into a folder.

Project is usually a large task that requires a set of actions to be
accomplished. Each project is highlighted blue and has a dynamically
calculated status bar so you can track its progress. All projects are
included in a special Projects view where you can easy review them. For
example, a parent task "Release a new product" can be turned into a
project. When you complete all its subtasks, the project itself will appear
in the To-Do list.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/509ce108-d4c8-4ef4-b9fa-68414b5e4945%40googlegroups.com.