Works here.

Even though my hotkey is set to "Num 0" my independent INS key works fine
too.  This is a full size keyboard.

If your INS key is in the middle of the keyboard you probably need to hold
some kind of modifier key with it.  On most Dells I've seen, for example,
the INS would be written in blue and there's a blue 'Fn' key near the left
shift or alt keys at the bottom of the keyboard.  Some other keyboards
(Lenovo maybe?) do it in orange color.   You'd need this same combo to make
the pg up, pg down, delete, etc work anywhere.
Check and make sure if that's your issue.

If you know that combo already (Fn+Ins) and that's what you've been trying
that doesn't work then go in your shortcut assignments in MLO and go to the
Insert Task action and assign/modify the shortcut entering that key combo.
It may be a different code (internal scan code) from a std INS key and that
may fix you.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mylifeorganized/2564d701-7872-4239-a74c-40effbbd5517%40googlegroups.com.