I did the following on my mysql server...

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON database.* TO user@'web.web-ster.com' IDENTIFIED BY
'password'
FLUSH PRIVILEGES

So I know the privileges are current...  But when I try and access the
database from this IP it says that "host 13ave.com" is not allowed to
access the DB server.  I'm trying to run some PHP scripts on it.

Now host 13ave.com resolves to to 12.111.170.18 but the reverse DNS does NOT...

If I change web.web-ster.com to the raw IP that it should be it works, but
still reports "Aborted connection" in the log.  It's like it tries the
reverse DNS first, and it fails and falls back to the raw IP and it works.

What I don't understand is why it's finding 13ave.com as the hostname
because according to my DNS it's NOT.  If I do nslookups from the MYSQL
server it sees the web.web-ster.com info, so I don't know where mysql is
getting that info.  Anyone have any problems with this?

Scott

Scott Baker - Webster Internet - Network Technician
503.266.8253 - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their
food, and tyrannize their teachers." - Socrates