Yep that was it!  Yesterday there was a messup with DNS that caused the
reverse DNS to be 13ave.com

I quickly changed it, but apparently MySQL cached that entry.  It's been 24
hours, but still.  As soon as I just did a flush-hosts it came right
up.  Thanks!

At 12:12 PM 2/20/2001 -0800, Atle Veka wrote:

>mysql caches hostnames, so perhaps 13ave.com is connecting to your
>database server as well?
>
>say for instance:
>13ave.com connects, mysql resolves that to
>$ host 13ave.com
>13ave.com has address 12.111.170.18
>web.web-ster.com comes along, mysql sees the reverse and says 'Hey, I've
>seen you before, you're 13ave.com'
>

>You can turn this behavior off with --skip-host-caching (or whatever it is
>mysql --help). BUT, you want to think what load this will give your
>nameservers. Consider redoing your DSN perhaps?

Scott Baker - Webster Internet - Network Technician
503.266.8253 - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Children today are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their
food, and tyrannize their teachers." - Socrates