Hi!

I am trying to insert 1 000 000 records into a very simple
table:

create table test (
    a1     tinyint unsigned not null,
    a2     tinyint unsigned not null,
    a3     tinyint unsigned not null,
    a4     tinyint unsigned not null,
    primary key (a1,a2,a3,a4)
);

So, to make it faster i want to use INSERT DELAYED,
however, when i do so, i get a message "Server has gone away"
and the in the .err log i see mysqld got signal 11.

I could not use INSERT DELAY in 3.23.30 and up. never tried it
earlier.

Now other problems detected whatsoever under any amount
of load.

Mysql is 3.23.33 compiled from the tar ball (NOT FROM PORTS)
with the options recomended in the ports to stop it from crashing
on heavy loads.

OS: FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE

Regards,
Artem