Hey -

>Since a lot messages have undescriptive subjects ("Help", "Check This",
>"What's This?", etc...) I think it would be a good idea to set up the
>majordomo to add a tag to each subject line like the PHP list does.

"[MYSQL] Help" is hardly more descriptive than
"Help".  My solution is to filter my messages into
different mailboxes (i.e. 'MySQL') based on From or
pretty much anything in the header with 'mysql'.

The only reason one might want to append or prefix
a static tag to every subject is if you don't have a
mail program that can filter messages and you have
to do an optical (eyeball) scan, y'know?  I'd rather
not have subject lines lengthened by the appendage
of static text - get yerself a filter!!!

Also, the MySQL list seems like an unusually talented
bunch who rarely use generic subject lines - kudos!

two more cents --

Jesse