I tried /etc/my.cnf and got the same results.  As far as $DATADIR or $HOME
are concerned, I don't see them when I do 'printenv'.  Is there another way
to find out if those may be set, and by what?

thanks.

At 02:33 PM 2/26/01 -0500, Kent Hoover wrote:
>Sorry. Sent the last message before I was done....
>
>If you have a stray $DATADIR/my.cnf or a $HOME/.my.cnf, their
>contents will override what you have set in /etc/my.cnf.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Kent

Joel Gwynn                              Designers' CADD Company, Inc.
A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops.
So now you know why they call this a workstation...