> want to know is a few examples of medium to large
> companies using mysql for mission critical stuff.
I too am in a similar situation, needing links to large organisations on
mySQL. This would help me to replace the largest-ever (proposed) deployment
of MSSQL (as per the official release of MicroSoft) for establishing
democratic decentralisation in a project in India (state of Kerala).
The issues against MS are mainly ethical ones, and those relating to
siphoning off well-earned public funds.
The setup would eventually include services in the social (incl educational,
health, justice and security) and economic (incl revenue and industrial)
sectors of public governance and would be made available to all nations or
states to introduce IT for effective democratisation (needless to add, for
free).