David,

In the load data infile command you can specify the delimiter character (see
manual).  It is a comma in CSV files, but I think it defaults to the TAB
character in load data infile.  You can specify the delimiter to be comma in
the load command.

However, I prefer to export from Excel as TAB separated, as you don't have
to mess with the load data command.  Also, more importantly, data fields
often contain commas which screws everything up, whereas TABS are much less
common in Excell data fields.

Hope this helps,

Andy