On Tuesday 30 October 2007, Warren Young wrote:
> Tim Johnson wrote:
> > Can't find file: './mysql/(database_name).frm' for numerous databases.
>
> That's the file the actual table data is stored in.  Unless you're on a
> shared machine and are trying to run a private copy of MySQL, you
> probably don't mean to put store table data in a subdirectory of the
> current directory ("./mysql").  Typically this stuff goes in
> /var/lib/mysql   If that's what you want, you can either override the
> defaults by setting up a custom my.cnf or get a build of MySQL that has
> the defaults set sanely for your needs.
>
> Perhaps the Ubuntu 6.06 LTS binaries you can download from mysql.com
> will work on your newer system.  If so, you can be sure they'll be
> configured sanely.

Oops! Wrongly worded subject and problem.

The file pattern is *not* as I expressed it above.
It should be
./(database_name)/(table_name).frm
IOWS:
If it is a problem with the mysql database and the time_zone_name table
the error references './mysql/time_zone_name.frm'
If it is a problem with database 'project' and table 'customer'
then the error references './project/customer.frm'
I hope that is clearer.
thanks
tim