* Hassan Schroeder <hassan.schroe...@gmail.com> [121030 08:25]:
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Tim Johnson <t...@akwebsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >   I might try cp -p -r, but need a second opinion.
>
> If you want to dump one or more databases, presumably you know
> the name(s); just use the mysqldump utility. Copying files is not the
> optimal way to save your data for most use cases.
  Hi Hassan :
  As you have probably noted, this thread has grown considerable and
  I did not post all issues in the OP, but the fact is:

  ** mysqldump, mysql, and phpmyadmin do not "see" the drupal DBs
     (presumably) because they are under a datadir that is not
         included in the my.cnf files that are being seached by mysql
  **
--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com