* Tim Johnson <t...@akwebsoft.com> [121030 10:40]:
> OP :
> * Tim Johnson <t...@akwebsoft.com> [121029 16:28]:
<...snip>
> > I want to back up the mysql data for drupal.
> > However, I can't locate those databases and tables using MySQL
> > server or PHPMyAdmin, even if I start mysql on port 3307.
<...snip>
>   Then I'm going to look at a drupal-specic (modular) way of doing
>   database management before anything else.  I'm an "under the hood"
>   kind of guy, but "when in drupal do as drupal does" (perhaps).
 <sigh> I wanted to do this in a CLI mode and that's 'cuz I'm a CLI
 type of fellow. But as they say : "when in Rome (drupal) do as the
 Romans (drupals) do."

 So, I installed the backup_migrate module and it created a backup
 file of .mysql extension without any effort....
 :) Solved.
--
Tim
http://www.akwebsoft.com