On 6/2/2014 7:18 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 02.06.2014 15:35, schrieb Jatin Davey:
I am no expert with mysql and databases. Hence seeking out some help on this
forum.

Basically i got a query dump of my application during its operation. I had
collected the queries for about 4 hours.
Ran some scripts on the number of queries being sent to the databases.

The query file was a whopping 4 GB is size. Upon analyzing the queries i found
that there were a total of 30
million queries made to the Database out of which 10 million queries were only doing
"SHOW FULL COLUMN" queries.

The SHOW FULL COLUMN queries were of the format as below:

SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `APIC_PHY_FABRIC_PHYSICAL_INTERFACE` FROM
`db_private_admin` LIKE '%'

This is causing considerable cpu usage in %user_time in my system
fix your application - there is no single reason to run such
queries 10 million times because the result won't change all
the time

and avoid like in general

Our application does not send such queries to the DB. I have searched through my entire code and we dont run such queries. It has something to do with a layer below our application. But i am not sure as to where it is.

Thanks
Jatin