On 6/3/2014 4:47 PM, Johan De Meersman wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Johan De Meersman" <vegiv...@tuxera.be>
Subject: Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPU

In any case, this is nothing that can be fixed on the database level.
I may or may not have to swallow that :-p

I've been hammering a munin plugin that graphs schema sizes (yay capacity
management); and obviously it's dragged down by an information_schema query. I
stumbled upon this, which may or may not be helpful for your situation, too:
http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2011/12/23/solving-information_schema-slowness/

No guarantees, but it doesn't seem to have any significant downsides.

I already have this variable turned off in my DB. It does not stop the "SHOW FULL COLUMN" queries from hitting the DB.

| innodb_stats_on_metadata                               | OFF

Thanks
Jatin