----- Original Message -----
> From: "Jatin Davey" <jasho...@cisco.com>
> Subject: Re: SHOW FULL COLUMNS QUERIES hogging my CPU
>
> Certain part of our code uses DataNucleas while other parts of the code

A "data persistence product"... there's your problem.

Persisting objects into a relational database is like fitting a square peg in a
round hole: it works if you have a big enough hammer, but something is going to
break.

I'm not going to go into the myriad ways such layers add inefficiencies that
only get worse with scale; but I suggest you log a ticket with your vendor;
they're bound to have encountered the problem before. There's probably some
setting that caches the db metadata instead of requesting it over and over
again.

In any case, this is nothing that can be fixed on the database level.