Hello

I have a question for all you MySQL people out there

We are a group of people planning to make a small open source
ERP/accounting/finance program. We have earlier used MySQL to great
satisfaction in other areas and would like to use it here. My question is:

Do you think MySQL is secure enough to keep peoples bookkeeping in? is it
safe enough to use without risk of losing important data? Is it necessary to
do anything to make it secure? (eg. use of transactions/backup/power failure
security)

Any comments are welcome :)

/Mathias