From: Aron Pilhofer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2002 9:25 AM
To: Mary Stickney; Francisco; Elizabeth Bogner; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: MySQL vs. Oracle (not speed)

Not to open a can of worms here, Mary, but I'd love to know exactly how you
got those results, since they basically contradict every known benchmark I
have seen (at least those not funded by M$... this being one:
http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,3959,293,00.asp) as well as every
benchmarking test I have run myself.

My results, frankly, have not been close -- not even in the same ballpark.
So I suspect if you are getting different results it has something to do
with your configuration.

Just for the record: I'm not particularly anti-MS. I like Windows XP, I
think they make some decent software (Access and Excel are what I teach on
most often). And you do get a lot of nice features with SQL Server -- speed
just doesn't happen to be one of them.

Regards,

aron