Hi Mary,

My opinion:
MySQL forums are open to every one to said about him MySQL
problems,experience... etc.From performance point of view(slow query), 90 %
from the people which was posted on this forums , has problem with Database
and Table design.Comparing RDBMS it's not quite fairly because every of them
have advantage and disadvantage.But you must BE ABLE TO CHOICE DEPENDS ON
WHAT YOU NEED(or customer).
Like project manager when you begin to develop a database software must
know:
-ALL ABOUT RDBMS WHICH WISH TO USE(Apropos...MySQL have a too complex set of
SQL commands).
-How big database will be in the future?
-From time to time what Upgrade must to do on the Hardware?
-If is a multi level application, in every level you must know what
programming language you must used (style or technic of programming)
...and WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT :

HOW YOU IMPLEMENTED (...AND WHAT TEST YOU MUST MAKE TO....) THE ENTIRE
SOFTWARE TO WORK WITH NO PROBLEM ?

Why i mentioned about this thinks(and are not too many) ?...because the
table "admincoverage" it seem is not pass by NORMALIZATION RULE STEP 1.

You have this fields :

AccidentElim smallint(6)   ,
AccidentElimUnitID varchar(5)   ,
SicknessElim smallint(6)   ,
SicknessElimUnitID varchar(5)   ,
AccidentBenefit double   ,
AccidentBenefitUnitID varchar(5)   ,
SicknessBenefit double   ,
SicknessBenefitUnitID varchar(5)   ,

.... in this example i iterate only 2 entity of data from one table.But i
think you have more than that.Usually in this situation you must create one
table for one entity of data and make relations between entity(tables) using
FOREIGN KEYS.MySQL support (and work very well) and SCHEMA OF INDEXES.

What convince me is the next sequence of query :

"INNER JOIN AdminCoverage ON
AdminHierarchy.CoverageID=AdminCoverage.CoverageID AND
AdminHierarchy.CoverageIDSbc=AdminCoverage.CoverageIDSbc" & _

I suppose you don't need by a double confirmation.

I'm sorry if something from what i said...was not what you expected.My
intention is to help...and finally it's only my opinion.

Best Regards and Good luck (you need),

Gelu

G.NET SOFTWARE COMPANY

Permanent e-mail address : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]