On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 04:07:45PM -0500, Thom Paine wrote:
> Someone told me, or I read somewhere, that with the 350 has dual tuners.
>
> But also, the price difference is $30 Canadian for me to get either
> card. The 250 is $199 at BestBuy and the 350 is $230 for me from my
> computer hardware supplier.
>
> I thought the 350 would be better, or at least the extra few bucks.

It is a shame how much Canadian stores rip you off, not enough competition.
(Even for ATI products which are from a Canadian company.)

The WinTV-PVR-150-MCE for example, if you don't want a remote control,
is $65 USD at buy.com and $83 with the remote control.  However the
drivers for this are less mature, and probably more work for you.
Soon, however, this will be the card of choice, I suspect -- though that
USB device that also does MP4 that was being talked about here may also
be popular.

Nvidia GF4 cards with (I think) quite decent TV-out are $35.