Becky, I am going thru the same thing. I have stylists at the salon,
that are NOT busy, of course they don't work, but they don't get
that. They saw my display of Shellac and said, hey I can do that, it
is so easy. Yeah right.
Even had one think that they could use my table. No way, cause it is
my table, and you are soo not going there. But, I have four lines of
gel polish now, so my color choices are over the top.........let them
come.....you do hair, I do the nails. And by the way, you have to be
at the salon to work. Yea right. What a new idea, WORK!!!!!
hehehehe diana from indiana
At 03:33 PM 6/23/2010, you wrote:
Oh my gosh! I am having people ask me the same thing about teaching
them how to do this, it irritates me beyond belief! I have several
hairdresser clients who want to offer it and so they ordered the
kit, they don't know anything about gels or UV lamps or why they
will inevitably end up having poor results! They're not trained in
any if this stuff, so what will happen? They will screw it up and
give it a bad name just like when a dermotologist takes a weekend
course in liposuction and thinks they can go out and perform these
procedures because their license technically says they can! Oh and
what else will happen? They'll be texting ME asking questions!
Sent from my Evo.
On Jun 23, 2010 12:25 PM,
<<mailto:[email protected]>[email protected]> wrote:
I have bben trying for weeks now to get my "dissertation" about the
four systems I use and compare for all of you.
I like the Gelish. It has more structure. The Shellac does not hold
up as well and is very temperamental. Becky thinks it is because I
had issues with it from the beginning-- I love you kiddo, but I am
not willing it to not perform. ;-)
I refuse to use Shellac base and top. ALL my shellac frenches come
back looking shattered. When I use Gelish base and top, Shellac
french colors, NO PROBLEMS.
Today I got a call from a potential client and she got the Shellac
somewhere else. A chop shop actually. She said it looked like
broken glass. (Shattered is how I see it) she also had lifting
within three days.
This is a problem now-- all these nailtechs running out to get the
newest product and not know how to use it. I had a client ask me
for her MIL's tech what she was doing wrong because it "bubbled".
Wrinkled is more like it. I told her I am not going to tell her how
to correct the problem. The tech can either pay me to learn or go
take the damn class. WTH is up with that? Seriously-- tell her how
to make her work better? No way.
Anyway-- I will get that observation out there sometime soon.
But for now, my favorites in order of likeness:
Axxium/Star/Nailite. These three are basically the same except for
color. Star and Nailite exactly the same.
Gelish- love this, especially the bases and top it off.
Shellac--will only use some colors but not base and top. Does not
last 14 days at all. More like 9-10 days.
I also have some NSI and Dashing Diva, but not using them.
Buenos dias,
Lynnette
<http://www.facebook.com/nailtech>http://www.facebook.com/nailtech
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
----------
From: Becky <<mailto:[email protected]>[email protected]>
Sender: <mailto:[email protected]>[email protected]
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 12:09:15 -0500
To: <<mailto:[email protected]>[email protected]>
ReplyTo: <mailto:[email protected]>[email protected]
Subject: Re: NailTech:: Re: Gelish V Shellac
Kimberly and I answered almost the same way.. lol
Sent from my Evo.
>
> On Jun 23, 2010 12:00 PM,...
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "NailTech" group.
To post ...
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "NailTech" group.
To post ...
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.