On 06/10/2021 22:38, Jon Lewis wrote:

But I just don't understand why this is a good idea at all. Network topology is not DNS's bailiwick so using it as a trigger to withdraw routes seems

Everything I've seen posted about this (whether from Facebook directly, or others) is so vague as to what happened, that I think everyone's just making assumptions based on their own experiences or best guesses as to what really happened.

Better question is why do we not see any FB netadmins on NANOG? I'm not talking about October 2021 but rather over the past 3-5 years how many FB techies have posted here like we see people from Google, Cloudflare, Akamai, etc.?

-Hank