On 10/7/21 13:18, Jean St-Laurent wrote:

Something public that we know now, is that it's possible to totally shut down
facebook and restart it.

Can we shutdown the full internet one day and see if it will restart properly
without too much hack here and there?

I think one thing that I learned from this Facebook outage is that the impact to steady supply of electricity to computing and networking gear under spool-up load is not a small problem to scoff at.

We could shutdown the entire Internet, and power companies will probably love us. But they will hate a tad more as we reboot it.

Mark.