On Fri, Nov 26, 2021 at 3:07 PM Michael Thomas <m...@mtcc.com> wrote:
>> On 11/26/21 1:44 PM, Jean St-Laurent via NANOG wrote:
>> Here are some maths and 1 argument kicking ass pitch for CFO’s that use
>> iphones.
>> Apple tells app devs to use IPv6 as it's 1.4 times faster than IPv4

> This really hits my bs meter big time.

If I had to guess, this is an example of correlation is not causation.
Folks with IPv6 tend to be on savvier service providers who have
better performance for both IPv4 and IPv6.  To find out for sure,
you'd have to do an experiment where same-user-same-server connections
are split between IPv4 and IPv6 and then measure the performance
difference. I don't know if anyone has done that but these particular
articles look like someone is just looking at the high-level metrics.
Those won't hold any statistical validity because they're not actually
random samples.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--