> I would agree with that. We've had gear with 40-gig ports for many years
> (>6)? Never found a CDN or transport network that would do 40.

Many 40G hardware options never made a ton of economic sense in CDN land
with shared ASIC lanes for 40G and 100G ports. Using anything 40G blocked
the associated 100G port, which were more valuable overall. You also didn't
want to create a massive shuffle later, so it made much more sense to just
use the 100Gs. You gained flexibility in initial deployment at the cost of
inflexibility down the road.

Newer stuff that has a dedicated 100G per port, but can run at either
speed, might actually help 40G deployment since it's just an optic swap.
But 100G optic costs have come down enough I think most people are just
going to go there.