From: NANOG <nanog-bounces+tony=wicks.co...@nanog.org> On Behalf Of Babak Pasdar
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2023 8:31 AM
To: James Jun <james....@towardex.com>
Cc: nanog@nanog.org
Subject: Re: 165 Halsey recurring power issues

Thanks James,

At signup we asked for N+1 power, two circuits to different UPS units. I think
they sliced it thin by connecting us to two battery packs on the same UPS. When
the UPS controller crashed both battery packs went down. Which now raises the
question -- is it reasonable to have to specify and expect that two UPS units
means that they do not share any common points of failure.

Is the UPS the battery or the battery and controller combined?

Babak