I didn't say that I have sympathy for it but that unfortunately this is
considered acceptable practice within many low-budget "hosting" companies
and probably has been for 15 years. It's a known risk when you're buying a
$50/month "server". Same general category of problem as the OVH datacenter
that caught on fire in France a while back. Anything like that which
becomes a race to the bottom in pricing for product MRC will have
unacceptable corners cut.

I would highly encourage anyone who takes seriously hosting their own stuff
to really know/understand the full infrastructure "underneath" your server
in terms of power and cooling redundancy.