On Jun 20, 2015, at 5:31 PM, Randy Bush <ra...@psg.com> wrote:

>> I've never run Xirrus personally, but I think they were used for the
>> last NANOG conference.
>
> and how did that work out?  [ though i do not know it was the xirrus
> units ]

My understanding is that the most recent NANOG had issues with clients picking
channels sequentially vs by signal strength. There may have been other issues
but when all devices use 149 because that's the first they can and they get
link that's not good.

If people know of tricks to solve this when there are 600-1000 devices per room
i am certain the NANOG eng team would love to know about it.

-jared