I'm trying to make some changes to the link task (C++
linker), and am struggling with something. What I'm
trying to do is specify a fileset of library files
that should be linked into the EXE, and be able to
search a set of directories to find the library files.
This is of course a fairly typical thing to do in C++
- the linker takes a parameter that is the lib
directories to search for the .lib files The same
issue comes up for .h files in the cl task, btw.

I guess what it really boils down to is that I would
like to be able to specify more than one basedir for
the fileset. For example, something like this:

<FileSet basedir="..\lib;..\base\lib;..\other\lib">
   <includes name="util.lib"/>
   <includes name="user32.lib"/>
</FileSet>

Has anybody else had a requirement like this? Is there
some other way to accomplish my goal? Can the fileset
be extended to support this?

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com