Yeah, I kinda figured that out while reviewing the Ant
docs. :)

The reason I say it make be useful is that it allows
non-trivial FileSets to be specified through property
expansion.

You see, I'm working on replacing a fairly complex
build system (built using NMake) with NAnt. The
original system let you create a very simple make file
(on the order of a few lines), and an included
"master" makefile contained as much of the build logic
as possible. For a build system with dozens of
projects, that makes it a lot easier to control things
without having to edit a ton of invididual make files
when you need to make a change.

NAnt lets me do a lot with the include task, but there
currently isn't really a clean way to include a
fileset defined elsewhere (at least, not one with more
than a single include spec). By allowing a
comma-delimited list of patterns, a complex fileset
could be passed around as a property.

I understand the clarity issues that such a change
would introduces, though. A similar thing could be
accomplished (although not quite as richly) using
ids/refids, as I asked about it my other e-mail.