>Is it really
> that hard to write the paths with the correct case?

Well...at the risk of sounding incredibly lazy or
anal...yes, it is kind of a pain. I've been building
NAnt files for a variety of projects and making sure
that I match case really has been a pain.

On the more philosophical side, I think the tool
really should match the semantics of the platform. As
as Windows user, I'm very accustomed to not having to
worry about casing in file names. When debugging
problems, it's not really something I think about.

And that's really the key thing in my mind - it's
another place for potential user error that can be
easily eliminated.

As an example of the issue, consider the vb6 task. In
that task, you specify sources and references that are
used for dependency checking, but not actually used to
build the project. If you get the case wrong in the
build file, there's no real indication of the problem
- it just won't rebuild the project because it doesn't
think any of the dependencies have changed. Any task
that does something similar (uses filesets for
dependency checking) will be prone to this error.

BTW, I've already made a first cut at automatically
determining case-sensitivity of a file system through
PInvoke. If you're interested in it, I can submit it.
If you'd rather go with the nant.config setting,
that's OK with me too.