I think we should ask ourselves what types of uses we would want NAnt to be available to. Here are two scenarios.

[1] A commerical company wants to release a custom task and charge money for it. Do we want to allow this?

[2] A commerical company wants to distribute a customized version of NAnt as part of its software package (ie: A compiler company, IDE developer) and charge money for the entire package. Do we want to allow this?

[3] A company creates a large software package that requires it to be "built" by the end customer. Are they allowed to distribute NAnt to do this? What if they modified NAnt in some way?

brant