OK - I think we can do without the definefunctions attribute though. I'll just make the implicit script class a FunctionSet behind the scenes and remove the constraint that you have to have a "ScriptMain".

Ian

Jaroslaw Kowalski wrote:

that should be doable. The class would automatically have the
FunctionSet attribute added if definefunctions was true.

but what if you actually wanted to use the constructor to do somthing ?

Why ? Who'll call the construtor? AFAIR it's the ExpressionEvaluator who does call functions. And there's one-function == one "new" rule in place.

With the longer format it would be easier to copy your function code out
when you get around to making a proper assembly for it.

I don't think it's a problem. You either want to implement a function library - then you start with a full *.cs file, compile it and test or want to write an ad-hoc function that's locally needed and is probably never gonna be reused - use <script> task. Simple.

Jarek

Ian MacLean, Developer, ActiveState, a division of Sophos
http://www.ActiveState.com