Gert,

A few more questions? Hope you don't mind ... :)

Charles

----- Original Message ----
From: Gert Driesen <gert.drie...@telenet.be>
To: Charles Chan <cchan...@users.sourceforge.net>;
nant-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Tue, February 16, 2010 12:27:03 PM
Subject: RE: [nant-dev] NAnt status report [2010-02-14]

Hey Charlies,

Some quick responses:

> NAnt.build
> ==========
> I don't consider NAnt.build internal. The nightly.xml and release.xml are
> internal though, as these are used to build releases and nightly builds (or
> CI).
> In general, one should be able to build NAnt using its build file with the
> previous official release. But the recommended approach is to
> bootstrap NAnt (using make/nmake) and then using that bootstrapped version
> (with the NAnt build file) to build the full version. I think Ant uses the
> same approach.

Thanks. I will experiment with this work flow and document it.
What is the difference between a bootstrap version and the full version of
NAnt? What is missing from the bootstrap version? docs? tests?

> nant:scan-probing-paths

Thanks I will read.

> Linux/Mono support
> It's ok if this is not high on your todo list, but you should keep it in mind.
> That way you don't introduce stuff that is not portable / cross-platform.

Definitely. Portability is very important to me as well. That's why I will also
test the process with Mono and Linux after I got the basics sorted out.

http://www.flickr.com/gift/