Hi Gert,

The part that really confused me was the fact the description inside README.txt
seems to indicate the 'install' target must be used.

  make install MONO= MCS=csc prefix=<installation path> [DESTDIR=<staging path>]

However, I just want to build it (not install it). After taking a closer look
at the Makefiles, I now see there is an 'all' target:

  all:  bootstrap build-nant

That is exactly what I was really looking for.

To help make it clear-"er" I have also updated README.txt with the following
   a. Overview
   -----------
   The compilation process uses NAnt to build NAnt.

   The approach is to first compile a copy of NAnt (using make/nmake) for
   bootstrapping purpose. Next, the bootstrapped version of NAnt is used in
   conjunction with NAnt build file (NAnt.build) to build the full version.

Thanks for your assistance.
Charles

P.S. As per request, I have also reverted the changes to the 13 files.

Make your browsing faster, safer, and easier with the new Internet Explorer® 8.
Optimized for Yahoo! Get it Now for Free! at
http://downloads.yahoo.com/ca/internetexplorer/