From: Dave Lorusso [mailto:dave.loru...@genband.com]
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 12:05 PM
To: 'nebs@world.std.com'
Cc: 'jloise...@integralaccess.com'
Subject: RE: Fire Resistance Database Analysis

John is right.  This has been our experience too.  We created a spreadsheet
from the BOM, contacting each vendor and entering the data.

Here's an example of our database:

Part Number     Description     Manufacturer    P/N     Flammability
Classification  Polymer Type    Total Mass Polymer (g)  Polymer, %
Oxygen Index
 5xx-000xx-01    RES,100K,TKF,1/16W,1%,SM,0603  DALE    CRCW06031003F   UL
94 V-0  Thermal Set Epoxy       0.000036        1.57 (Total: 0.0023g)
22-25
5xx-000xx-01    IC,3966,LDO REG,1.8V,3A,TO263-5 NTL     LP3966ES-1.8    UL
94 V-0  Epoxy Cresol Novolac    0.88    60.7 (Total: 0.1.45g)   28
5xx-000xx-01    IC,3966,LDO REG,2.5V,3A,TO263-5 NTL     LP3966ES-2.5    UL
94 V-0  Epoxy Cresol Novolac    0.88    60.7 (Total: 0.1.45g)   28
5xx-000xx-01    CON,2MM,HM-A,22X5-ROW,RCPT,RA,P-FIT     AMP     100147-1
UL 94V-0        Housing: Thermoplastic polyester GF PBT or GF PBT/PC Blend
color grey      7.181           29

Make sure you get all the alternate vendors too.

It took us a few months to generate our list and it is constantly
maintained.  A small price to pay for a happy customer.

Good luck,

Dave Lorusso
Director of Product Integrity
General Bandwidth, Inc.