Hi, thanks for your answer. I tried running your code this :

call algo.pageRank.stream(
'MATCH (m:Movie) RETURN id(m) as id',
'MATCH (m:Movie)<-[:ACTED_IN]-(p:Person)-[:ACTED_IN]->(n:Movie)
RETURN id(m) as source, id(n) as target, size( (p)-[:ACTED_IN]->() ) as
weight',
{graph:'cypher',weightProperty: 'weight'})
YIELD node, score WITH node, score
ORDER BY score DESC LIMIT 200
RETURN node.title as movie, score

with a small correction where i replaced "m" with "n" in "id(n) as target"
and it worked just fine. The follow-up question would be: is there a way to
make this more "iterative"? Instead of using the actors' degree, is there a
way to make it "more iterative" and, instead of giving to every movie the
same importance towards the actors' degree, take into account the movies'
importance aswell and make them weight more or less according to that?
Thanks again!

Andrea

Il giorno gio 17 gen 2019 alle ore 12:25 'Michael Hunger' via Neo4j <
neo4j@googlegroups.com> ha scritto:

> I guess based on your description, the a projection like this would make
> most sense. Using the actor's degree as weight for page-rank
>
> call algo.pageRank.stream('
> MATCH (m:Movie) RETURN id(m) as id
> ','
> MATCH (m:Movie)<-[:ACTED_IN]-(p:Person)-[:ACTED_IN]->(n:Movie)
> RETURN id(m) as source, id(m) as target, size( (p)-[:ACTED_IN]->() ) as
> weight
> ', {graph:'cypher',weightProperty: 'weight'})
>
> Cheers, Michael
>
> Join our new Community Site & Forum <https://community.neo4j.com>
>

> On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 11:55 AM <andrea.balz...@keypartner.it> wrote:
>
>> Hi, i'm failry new to neo4j and i was playing around with the movie
>> database that comes by default when installing neo4j. I would like to
>> calculate the importance of each movie based on the actors that acted in
>> them considering each actor more or less important according to the number
>> of movies they acted in. I was thinking about some kind of iterative
>> algorithm and since the eigenvector centrality is missing from neo4j i was
>> looking at pageRank.
>>
>> What would be the best approach in this scenario to use pageRank
>> correctly? I'm a bit lost and googling around didn't help much as what i'm
>> looking for seems more specific than the average info you can find online.
>> Thanks for reading and sorry for my bad english.
>>
>> --

*Andrea Balzoni  |  **Consultant*

*Roma*,
<https://maps.google.com/?q=Roma+,+%C2%A0+Via+F.+Cangiullo,+24&entry=gmail&source=g>

<https://maps.google.com/?q=Roma+,+%C2%A0+Via+F.+Cangiullo,+24&entry=gmail&source=g>Via
F. Cangiullo, 24 - *Milano*, Via Aosta, 4
Office: +39 06.5922216 | Mobile: +39 333741162X
Mail: andrea.balz...@keypartner.it <nome.cogn...@keypartner.it>

Visit our new website www.KeyPartner.com <http://www.keypartner.com/>