I have built a clock with 6 IN-14 Nixies. I multiplex 3 sets of 2
nixies.

I use 180v with 13K resistors with the following timing (the timing is
conservative and works with 170v, too):

Mux Timing:

1) turn on anode for current nixie(s) (data present on cathodes)
  wait 1880 uSec, this is the digit display time, small value will
  make the digit dimmer.

2) turn off all nixie anodes
  wait 96 uSec

3) send current digit data to nixies,
  wait 72 uSec, go to step (1)

  Works good, no ghosting and good brightness. Also, I use A1A's for
colons with a 200K resistor. I use the anode (Nixie) switch for the
colons so their brightness varies with the Nixies.

See http://www.coldwarcreations.com/nixieclk3.html  for more
information.

- Michael Sangster