I ran into the same problem with the 10's digit in the hour position.
When it's dark, it takes extra time to turn back on. I put a 22 Meg
resistor from the decimal point to ground. This "primes" the Nixie
without turning on the DP (it glows very faintly), and it turns on
without the delay.

- Michael

http://www.coldwarcreations.com

ng