|| Ryan McDonald wrote:
||
|| I hope this is not considered spam, but I'm enjoying
|| my build so much, I thought others might too. I have
|| pictures of what I've done so far with WWVB and uC prep.
|
| Looks good to me, too.
|
| I'm still waiting to see a psuedocode WWVB
| implementation posted. :)
|
| -Adam

Literally, hack & wack. Gotta love it. And slapping together your own
tools, too. Combine that with high voltage (exposed hopefully, for
now), and you have my concept of nirvana ! I pretty sure most of the
group enjoys it, too ! I'd like to see more of it.

I haven't done WWVB decoding, but I have done IRIG timecode decoding
and encoding. Its very similar. If I'm not mistaken, WWVB was based on
IRIG, or the other way around. Its not all that complicated.

Its an AM modulated signal. The date and time is encoded in BCD
nibbles. The date is given in Julian format. That is Jan 1 = day 001,
and Dec 31 = day 365 (or 366, for leap year). There are three types of
data bits: 0,1, & R (reference). Each is represented as a pulse of
varying duty cycle: 20%, 50%, & 80%. I have to dig into my notes, to
find which DC corresponds to which bit value. Or you can just Wiki, or
Google it.

The data comes at you at relatively slow rate, so even a small slow uC
can decode it. I originally did it on a Z80, but that was in the 80s.
Plus that Z80 (@4MHz) was also doing a zillion other tasks.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"neonixie-l" group.
To post to this group, send an email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/neonixie-l?hl=en-GB.

Reply via email to