> I've got a WWVB nixie clock sitting on the shelf _mostly_ done. [most of the 
> hardware, not a lot of the software] that got shelved because I was having 
> real problems with receiving the VLF WWVB signal in Seattle. I'm not really 
> familiar with VLF, but from what I gather it propagates exclusively via 
> groundwave.. I assume that at night during the winter is the best time to 
> receive, but now that I look at my design again, I didn't have a real earth 
> ground. I'll pick it up again now that I actually know something about 
> radios. :) You're right, seems pretty simple. Basically just an AM carrier 
> that drops power to encode the nibbles for varying durations to identify what 
> kind of nibbles they are.

There's a fair amount of useful information on this in Ed. Nisely's blog:

http://softsolder.com/?s=wwvb

- John KG4L

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"neonixie-l" group.
To post to this group, send an email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/neonixie-l?hl=en-GB.

Reply via email to