| real problems with receiving the VLF WWVB signal in | Seattle. I'm not really familiar with VLF, but from what | I gather it propagates exclusively via groundwave ... | I'll pick it up again now that I actually know something | about radios. :) You're right, seems pretty simple: | | http://tf.nist.gov/timefreq/stations/wwvbtimecode.htm | | -Adam W7ATJ
Exactly ! The timecode decoding is the easy part. Plucking that signal out of the air (so there's something to decode) involves a little more work. The easy way out is to butcher a working 'atomic clock' (WWVB receiver) for its receiver module, as Ryan has done. There use to be timecode receiver chips made by Telefunken (Temic) a few years ago. But after a bunch of mergers, and spin-offs, these chips are no longer available. They were the U4223B, U4224B, & U4226B. Slap a ferrite antenna on one end, and feed the pulse stream from the other end into your uC. Same chip could be tuned for DCF77 (Germany), MSF (Rugby ?, UK), WWVB (USA), or JG2AS (Japan). Maybe, a bunch of them will show up on eBay. Or someone with experience in VLF (RF ... barely) can come up with a receiver module equivalent. Carrier frequencies of 40KHz, 60KHz, and 77.5KHz, depending on region. I pass gas at higher frequencies. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "neonixie-l" group. To post to this group, send an email to [email protected]. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/neonixie-l?hl=en-GB.
