David,

The short answer: Don't use PWM next to a radio receiver.
You are introducing an interfering radio signal.

thanks for your reply, however, it is not quite what I was hoping for. Since I have discovered the PWM function on my controller I don't want to miss it anymore.

Dim the lights using a variable DC supply with a regulator IC. It will get warmer, but your radio will work.

For Numitrons that is certainly an option. I think a LM317 would do fine here, or maybe a low-drop version, but the current these Numitrons draw is no piece of cake. Mine want about 400mA when decently bright.

I think another alternative might be to put the DCF receiver into a separate housing and connect it to the circuit with a shielded microphone cable or something similar. Because there is no way in dimming Nixie tubes without PWM, and I know there are some radio Nixie tube clocks out there, so there's got to be a way.

Jens