Well there's a lot to think about there. I'm looking to build an IN-18 clock
and a battery powered Z5900 6 tube clock, and I have some IN-8-2s I just want
to mess around with, and I want to light up the decimal points too. Obviously
they all have different needs - especially the Z5900 and IN-18 clocks!

I have some K155ID1s I want to play with, and I feel like I need to build a
breadboard adaptor for a HV5530/HV5522/HV5812 (but which to start with!?). The
purist in me wants to have a constant current source too, but I may delay that
until I think I know what I am doing with a simpler setup. For the Z5900 clock,
efficiency will obviously be a primary concern.

BTW I read back over some of the other postings on this topic too.