It took me some time to answer, been quite busy with my work.
Still, thanks a lot for all your answers!

@Nick - nice suggestions, thanks for sharing the links.
@Alic - yes, it has to RPI, main reason for this is - I already bought it :)
@Tomasz Kowalczyk - thank you for all the information, indeed there are
IN-14 and IN-19 boards at OSH park. As for the remaining part of the answer
- lots of information to digest :) As I mentioned initially, I prefer to
use ready and available on the markets elements, but surely your answer is
inspiring ;)

Lots of information to process.
Any other recommendations and ideas will be much appreciated!