There have been a few stories told on a few Groups about ebay Global Shipping.

Saw this just now at TCA....

First Post.....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mullard-ECC33-NOS-Valvo-Amperex-1958-D-Getter-6SN7-GT-Vacuum-Tube-Valve-MDGGZ-/332275838610?hash=item4d5d2eee92:g:lmMAAOSw3v5YpJGn
Am I missing something here?

Reply.....

".. You are very quick on the trigger today, lol. That was a test listing that
eBay had me create. It was only up for a few minutes so that they could check
the "global shipping program" restricted countries for different categories.
I'm playing around with the eBay categories and discovered that Global Shipping
has restricted shipping all vacuum tubes / all items in two eBay categories.
Category "Consumer Electronics > Vintage Electronics > Vintage Audio & Video >
Vintage Parts & Accessories > Vintage Tubes & Tube Sockets" is restricted in
most every country. If you have your tubes in this eBay category your "out of
luck" getting it shipped worldwide. Also, category "Collectibles > Radio,
Phonograph, TV, Phone > Radios > Parts & Tubes" has the same restricted
countries. The eBay Global Shipping program has basically declared war on
vacuum tubes and will not ship them.  The tube that was listed with that crazy
price is actually listed here
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mullard-ECC33-NOS-Valvo-Amperex-1958-D-Getter-6SN7-GT-Vacuum-Tube-Valve-MDGGZ-/232241543090?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
So, glad I could find out a little more about all the tubes getting retained at
the eBay Global Shipping HQ and also to give you guys something to laugh about.

I'm surprised you saw that listing so quickly. It was up for a few minutes and
then immediately taken down. I did the high price so as to make sure not to
forget which listing was the test listing.

Take care.  Rodney at VTubeAudio  "

John K